Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls (from my Naan recipe)

When making my Naan recipe for a side dish or pizza, I often had a chunk left over that I didn't really need.  I'd eaten them with cinnamon topping before, so I thought they might lend themselves well to cinnamon rolls:

And I was right, yum!

To try this: Make Naan as directed (recipe found HERE), but break it only into three pieces. Roll pieces out into as even a rectangle as possible.  Cover dough with melted butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.  Roll the dough until you have formed a long ‘log’ and pinch the edges to seal it up.  It’s okay if some of the cinnamon slime squeezes out, I spooned the extra over the tops when they were all placed.

Slide a thread (or dental floss could work) just under one end of the log until you reach about an inch and a half, then cross the thread over the log and pull ends until you make a slice through the dough.  Remove the now cut roll and place cut side down in a lightly sprayed cake pan.  Repeat this for the entire log.  Allow rolls to rise the second time.  Bake rolls at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until tops are lightly browned like in the picture.  Top with a simple glaze and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment