Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cilantro Ranch Salad Dressing

This salad is versatile, you can make this as lean or as fatty as you want (I went lean – imagine that?!), but either way it is a taste KNOCK OUT. 

The first time around we went fancy with the lime chicken, but for the week after I made quick salads with lettuce, beans and corn which were also amazing.


Thanks to The Double Dipped Life who gave me the idea for this (thought I did make the occasional tweak here and there).

Cilantro Ranch Salad Dressing

  • 1 packet of Buttermilk Ranch Dressing mix
  • 1 c. mayo (I used fat free)
  • 1/2 c. buttermilk (to make this fat free, simply take one Tbs of lemon juice, then add enough skim milk to it to make one cup)
  • juice of one lime (about 2 Tbs, add zest for extra kick if desired)
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 c. rough chopped cilantro
  • 1/4 c. green salsa
Toss everything in a blender and blend it until everything is pureed.  Store in the fridge until ready to use. (For best results make the dressing early in the day so that it is chilled for serving.)

Kim’s note:  This dressing is THICK and this recipe makes TONS!  Adjust accordingly for texture and amount preferences (I might try adding a bit extra milk the next time I make it).

No comments:

Post a Comment