Sunday, December 12, 2010

Creamy Honey Dijon Dressing

I'm really not a mustard person - I won't touch the plain stuff, but a little honey dijon, put in the right places and diluted properly, can really do wonders.

Like this salad dressing for example.  I cannot sing its praises enough.  Sweet and tangy, but no fat to worry about.  Jay said it had a bit too much kick for him, but I think that may have more to do with the brand of honey dijon that I was using (French's, the store was out of the Jack Daniel's that I usually get) than with the dressing itself.


Works great for traditional salads, sweeter salads, or as a broccoli slaw dressing.

Creamy Honey Dijon Dressing (fat-free)
adapted from AllRecipes.com
  • 1 (6 oz) container of plain yogurt (fat-free, or normal if you don't care about that kind of thing)
  • 1 Tbs honey dijon mustard
  • 1/4 c honey
  • 1/4 tsp. celery seed
Blend all ingredients together with wisk or spoon.  Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment