Sunday, July 3, 2011

Stuffed Zucchini Side Dish

I took these pics the first time that I made these stuffed zucchini and I can honestly tell you that my mouth was watering while I took them.  They smelled THAT good.  My Hubby was a little skeptical at first, but ended up eating both of his servings.  This one will be repeated in our house.


Stuffed Zucchini Side Dish
  • 2 medium zucchini (about a pound)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 slices of bread, crumbed finely (just normal loaf size, adjust amount according to bread size and weight)
  • 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg white
  • ½ tsp. poultry seasoning
  • ¼ tsp. onion powder
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
Wash zucchini, remove ends. Using a frying pan so that they can lay flat, cover and boil the zucchini whole in a small amount of water for about 8 minutes, turning once. While the zucchini cook, combine all other dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.

Remove zucchini from water and cut into halves lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, chop, then stir in chopped zucchini to the dry mixture. Add egg white and stir until all is evenly dispersed.

Stuff hollowed out zucchini with breading mixture. Place zucchini on a greased cookie sheet (or use foil or parchment paper like I did) and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment