Friday, March 11, 2011

Half the Butter Oatmeal Cookies

I love cookies. LOVE them!  Growing up with my parents, how could I not?  My mom is a cookie artist and my Dad is a Cookie Monster.  What I don’t love are the cookies that are SO buttered that they leave grease behind on your fingers or napkin.

Here’s a little secret – you can half the butter on LOTS of cookie recipes.

I even used low-cal butter.

That being said, the flavor was perfect.  Not too sweet, smooth inside and slightly crisp on the outside.  Fierce.

Half-the-Butter Oatmeal Cookies
  • 1/4 c. butter/margarine, softened (I used light Blue Bonnet)
  • 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 c. white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 c. flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 c. quick oats
  • 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used the mini-chips and they were great)
Cream together the soft butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, and vanilla.  Add dry ingredients all at once, then stir until well blended.  Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.  Bake at 325 for 13 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet, then transfer for racks.  Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment