Friday, January 7, 2011

Balsamic Honey Mustard Marinade

Amazing marinade, A-mazing!  It has a great blend of herb flavors and just a little touch of sweet-tartiness. I took the original recipe, made a few alterations to the portions and then cut WAY back on the oil.  I did leave a bit, which for me is monumental, but I thought that just a little would help lubricate the cooking surface and it did just that perfectly!  I baked chicken with this recipe, but this would be great on the grill or with other meats too – I can’t wait to try it on pork chops!

Balsamic Honey-Mustard Marinade
  • 6 Tbs. Balsamic vinegar
  • 3 Tbs. honey-dijon mustard
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced fine
  • 1 Tbs. dried basil
  • 1 ½ Tbs. honey
  • ¾ tsp. salt
  • ¾ tsp. black pepper
  • ¾ tsp. dried oregano
  • 3 tsp. olive oil
Combine all ingredients, mixing until well blended.  Place meat in an air tight container, cover with marinade, shaking container until coated.  Allow meat to marinade in the refrigerator for at least an hour (I let mine for about 6 hours and it was fantastic).  Cook meat as desired, and discard left over marinade.  The pictured chicken was baked in a glass dish at 375 degrees for a half hour.
Makes enough marinade for about 6 chicken breasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment